- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Data collected4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
Our use of Data5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, ACTIVE SITE CLEARANCE is the “data controller”.6. We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected. Our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis, and information which is no longer required for any purposes will be disposed of.7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
Third party websites and services10. ACTIVE SITE CLEARANCE may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Controlling use of your Data15. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:16. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and17. sharing Data with third parties.
Accessing your own Data20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by ACTIVE SITE CLEARANCE (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £50.00.
Security21. Data security is of great importance to ACTIVE SITE CLEARANCE and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- Purpose – Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).